The world is changing at a record pace and the landscape of business has been irrevocably altered as well by shifting customer preferences, new technologies and geopolitical changes- all within the last few years! If your company is struggling to adapt to these quick and challenging transitions, you are not alone. And if you’re resorting to quick fixes that don’t support customer or employee growth in the long run – like rushing through process implementations, technology upgrades or training new hires – then this article will be extremely valuable for you! In it we’ll explore how Sustainable Scaling can help your business achieve balance and long-term success.
The 3 Factors of Sustainable Scaling
People are the most important factor in sustainable scaling. A company can have the best processes and technologies in the world, but if the people implementing them don’t understand why they’re doing what they’re doing, or don’t buy into the company’s vision, the company won’t be successful. People need to be on board with the company’s goals and values to make sure that everything is done in a way that is consistent with those goals.
Furthermore, when changes are made, it’s important to make sure that everyone affected by those changes is adequately informed. This will help reduce dissatisfaction, absenteeism, and attrition. People need to feel like they’re a part of the company and that their opinions matter if they’re going to be engaged and productive employees.
The second factor of sustainable scaling is processes. A company’s processes need to be scalable so that they can be easily implemented and replicated as the company grows. But more importantly, they need to be flexible so that they can be adapted to changing circumstances. If a company’s processes are inflexible, it will be difficult for the company to change direction when necessary.
Finally, processes need to be well-documented so that everyone knows what needs to be done and how it needs to be done. This will help reduce mistakes and increase efficiency.
The third factor of sustainable scaling is technology. Technology can be a great enabler of growth, but it needs to be used in the right way. Technology should be used to support people and processes, not replace them.
- Pick a single platform and build on it. This will make it easier to manage and upgrade your technology as you scale. It will also make it easier to train employees and establish consistent processes.
- However, technology does have a shelf life. After a few years, it “expires” or becomes unsupported. To preserve security requirements, make sure certain technologies are replaced before they become unsupported.
- Integration: to achieve integration, commit to it at the outset and build it into your plans. Make sure you have the right tools and processes in place to support it. And be prepared to revisit your plans as you scale, to ensure that integration remains a priority.
- Scan for vulnerabilities regularly. While having a good backup and recovery plan is ideal, it’s also important to scan for vulnerabilities on a regular basis. This will help you identify and fix any potential security issues before they become a problem.
- Automate routine workflows. Automating routine workflows can help you scale efficiently by freeing up time for employees to focus on more value-added activities. It can also help to improve
Striking the Right Balance for Sustainable Scaling
Sustainable scaling is all about finding the right balance between people, processes, and technology. It’s easier said than done to achieve this balance, but it’s essential if you want to scale your business sustainably.
Often, it requires far more time, effort, and skillsets than you have available. This is where a managed service provider (MSP) can come to your rescue.
Picking the Right Partner for Sustainable Scaling
An MSP can help you with all three aspects of sustainable scaling:
People: An MSP can provide the extra manpower you need to scale effectively. They can also help you with training and development so that your employees are equipped to handle the increased workload.
Processes: An MSP can help you streamline your processes so that they are more efficient and effective. They can also help you automate routine workflows, to free up time for employees to focus on more value-added activities.
Technology: An MSP can provide the latest technology solutions that will support your growth plans. They can also help you upgrade your technology regularly so that you always have the latest and greatest tools at your disposal.
FirstCall Consulting can help you with all three aspects of sustainable scaling. They have the manpower, skillsets, and experience to help your business grow efficiently and effectively. Plus, they are always up-to-date on the latest technology solutions so that you can take advantage of the latest innovations. Contact us today to find out how we can help you achieve sustainable scalability for your business.